Hospice Volunteer Duties And Requirements
Ready to apply? Fill out a hospice volunteering application today.
The most important requirement for hospice volunteering is a willingness to help. Our volunteer managers can work with you to find the right opportunity to fit your interests or skills. Simply fill out a hospice volunteering application, and we’ll find the perfect fit. Volunteers do not administer medications or perform any nursing duties. The following explains more about volunteer requirements and how to volunteer for Crossroads Hospice.
What are the requirements for hospice volunteers?
Crossroads Hospice offers several types of opportunities for volunteering along with the flexibility to donate as much or as little time as you want. Hospice volunteer duties vary for companionship, special projects, office, and bereavement. A volunteer manager can provide you with details.
What kind of training will I receive?
Before becoming a Crossroads Hospice Ultimate Giver, you will receive specialized training. We use a team approach for training to create an immediate connection to the program.
How to volunteer for hospice.
All hospice volunteers must follow these requirements:
- Complete the initial application
- Provide information about your health, physical limitations, etc.
- You will need to sign consent forms.
- You will be required to have a Tuberculosis (TB) test performed. This will be done free of charge.
- It is a requirement that hospice volunteers wait a minimum of one year after the death of an immediate family member or loved one.