LungLink: Respiratory Care From Crossroads Hospice
Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care's LungLink is a unique respiratory and lung cancer care program offered to patients wishing to withdraw from life-sustaining ventilator support. Collaboration with a physician and a respiratory therapist ensures comfort for the patient. Our team of hospice professionals provide support for the family before, during and after the withdrawal.
Lung cancer and other respiratory care at Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care.
Lung cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer, and our hospice program provides patients and their families the best way to approach this respiratory illness. The experienced staff of Crossroads will guide you and do everything in their power to ensure as much comfort as possible.
The LungLink program can also help patients in need of other pulmonary hospice care services. Our respiratory hospice program has established the following process to offer comfort and care to our patients.
Respiratory hospice care program.
Before withdrawal from life-sustaining ventilator support:
- Initial family meeting to provide educational support regarding pulmonary hospice care for patients/families
- Collaboration with physician regarding patient and family wishes
- Presence of physician, nurse, respiratory therapist and hospice chaplain as needed
- Medication and equipment to ensure patient’s comfort
- Continuous care to ensure ongoing comfort of patient
- Early bereavement support
Contact us to learn more about our pulmonary hospice program, and how patients with lung cancer or COPD can benefit from Crossroads' care.