LungLink: Respiratory Care From Crossroads Hospice.
Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care's LungLink is a unique respiratory and lung cancer care program offered to patients wishing to withdraw from life-sustaining ventilator support. Collaboration with a physician and a respiratory therapist ensures comfort for the patient, and our team of hospice professionals provide support for the family before, during, and after the withdrawal.
Lung cancer and other respiratory care at Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care.
Having lung cancer and opting for hospice care can be a difficult decision for a patient and/or family caregiver. The experienced staff of Crossroads Hospice will guide you and do everything in their power to ensure as much comfort as possible.
In addition to cancer, the LungLink program can help patients in need of other pulmonary hospice care services. Our respiratory hospice program has established the following process to offer comfort and care to our patients.
Respiratory hospice care program.
Before withdrawal from life-sustaining ventilator support
- Initial family meeting to provide educational support regarding pulmonary hospice care for patients/families
- Collaboration with physician regarding patient/family wishes
- Presence of physician, nurse, respiratory therapist, hospice volunteers, social worker, chaplain as needed
- Medication/equipment in home to ensure patient’s comfort
- Continuous care offered to ensure ongoing comfort of patient
- Early bereavement support
Contact us to learn more about our pulmonary hospice program, and how patients with lung cancer or COPD can benefit from Crossroads Hospice’s care.