Understanding The Benefits Of A Palliative Care Approach.
Improving quality of life through symptom management.
To understand the benefits of palliative care it’s important to understand the basics of palliative care:
- The goal of any palliative care program is to manage pain and symptoms of a chronic illness to improve quality of life.
- It can be provided in a number of settings including a hospital, home, assisted living or long-term care facility.
- It is provided by a teamconsisting of a physician, nurse practitioner, and medical social worker to address the total needs of the patient and family.
- It guides patients and families, faced with difficult decisions, about how to proceed with care and treatment.
Palliative care benefits:
- Let palliative experts manage your pain and symptoms while your doctors focus on treatment.
- Receive medical, social, emotional, and spiritual care from people who know what you’re going through.
- Receive guidance and support in dealing with the healthcare system and your individual healthcare needs.
- Don’t let the symptoms of a chronic illness or the side-effects of its treatment stop you from living your life.
Benefits of Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care’s approach.
Our palliative care team will consult with you wherever you are: in the hospital, at your home, in a nursing facility or assisted living facility. A palliative care physician or nurse practitioner as well as a medical social worker will meet with you to discuss your needs.
We will offer support, education, and guidance to help you make informed decisions about your care. We will provide assistance with advanced care planning, emotional and spiritual support, coordination of care, and access to community services.
To talk to someone about palliative care benefits, call or live chat with us 24/7/365. We’re here for you.