Crossroads Hospice: Providing Quality Care for 28 Years
Crossroads Hospice began in Oklahoma as a small family-owned hospice care provider in 1995 with two guiding principles:
- You shouldn’t die in pain.
- You shouldn’t die alone.
28 years later, those two principles still guide our care.
Founding and Early Years
From the very start, CEO Perry Farmer had a vision of how to provide compassionate and comprehensive hospice care to patients and their families. Crossroads began to develop a reputation for spending more time with patients than the national average for hospice providers.
Expansion and Growth
Over the next fifteen years, Crossroads expanded our services to other states, including Georgia, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, and Kansas. As the company grew, we held fast to our core values, admitting patients and providing care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Yet we knew that there were patients who were not yet eligible for hospice who needed the care Crossroads could provide.
In 2016, we became Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care, so we could offer the extra support of a nurse practitioner and social worker to individuals facing serious and chronic illnesses. We worked with patients’ existing physicians to manage the symptoms and side effects of patients with serious and chronic illnesses through regular home visits.
Commitment to Quality Care
Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care continues to distinguish itself from other hospice providers with our 5-Point Promise of More:
- Responsive: When a family needs hospice care, there’s no time to wait. Crossroads prides itself on offering same-day admissions.
- Prepared: The Crossroads Quick Response Team is prepared to respond to emergent patients needs at any time day or night.
- Alert: Our Watch Program triggers increased visits if a patient displays a noticeable decline, providing additional support when they need it most.
- Compassionate: When we see the signs that a patient’s death is imminent, we begin Evenmore Care, keeping a member of our care team at bedside through this final sacred transition.
- Committed: Crossroads is committed to devoting more resources to the patient’s last seven days than any other hospice.
Crossroads is focused on not just managing physical symptoms but also addressing the emotional, psychological, and spiritual needs of patients and their families. One way we do this is through a range of innovative quality of life programs including:
- The Gift of a Day Program, giving patients one perfect day to do something they love or something they always wanted to do.
- The Life Journal Program which pairs patients with a volunteer who helps them craft a book of photos and stories celebrating their life.
- The Veteran Recognition Ceremony, honoring our Veteran patients with a certificate, a pin, and a challenge coin.
- Grief Recovery Groups, offered at no cost in every community we serve.
From its inception, Crossroads has provided compassionate end-of-life care to patients facing serious illnesses and support to their families. To learn more about our services, please call 1-888-564-3405.
If you found this information helpful, please share it with your network and community.
Copyright © 2023 Crossroads Hospice. All rights reserved.