Hospice Education for Patients, Families & Healthcare Professionals
In addition to providing comprehensive hospice care, we also look to help educate the community about this important topic. To that end, you can find general hospice education information for patients, their families, and even healthcare workers via the many resources below. You can also contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you have more questions regarding hospice education.
General hospice education resources
- How to Find Hospice "Near Me"
- 10 Steps to Proper Hand Hygiene
- Presidents with Heart Problems
- Elder Abuse: How to Recognize the Signs
- The Culture Connection: Finding Common Ground at End of Life
- Cremation: What You Need to Know
- Summer Safety Tips for Seniors
- Code Blue It's Not a TV Medical Drama
- Cooking for Comfort Brain Foods that Soothe
- 20 Years of Employees Doing More
- Test Your Summer Safety Smarts
- The Meaning of Green
- Profit vs Non-Profit Healthcare
Education resources for patients and families
- Removal of Life Support Crossroads Ventilator Withdrawal Program
- How to Choose a Hospice the Right Questions to Ask
- Non-Profit vs for Profit Hospices: What is the Difference?
- The Hospice Interview Process: Key Questions to Ask Before Selecting Your Hospice Provider
- Where Can I Receive Hospice Care Home Based vs in Patient Care
- Why Sooner is Better for Patients Needing Hospice
- What is the One Thing You Wish People Knew about Hospice
- This is Hospice a Clear Picture of End of Life Care
- Terminal Restlessness
- Feeding Tubes: the Decision Process
- A Loss Taste Making the Most of Meals for a Holiday on Hospice
- What is Evenmore Care?
- Smoking at End of Life Does it Really Matter
- The Crossroads Philosophy: Using the Three Cs in Challenging Times
- Live Chat Hospice Care is Just a Click Away
Education resources for healthcare professionals
- Approaching the Hospice Conversation Best Practices for Physicians
- Scores and Scales Understanding the Balance of Hospice Eligibility
- Is a POLST Plan for your Hospice Patients?
- When Should You Refer Your Patient to Hospice
- It's 5 O' Clock Friday: Do You Know Where Your Hospice Patient Will Go
- Avoidable Hospital Readmissions the Role of Hospice and Palliative Care Providers
- Why Didn't You Refer Your Patient to Hospice What Doctors Need to Know Before Avoiding the H Word
- When is Haldol the Right Choice?
- Ending Life Support: How Do You Know When It's Time?
- 5 Steps to Determine When Life Support Should Be Discontinued
- Addressing Racial Disparities in End-of-Life Care
- What in the World is Lorazepam?
- Empowering the Patient in Making End-of-Life Decisions
- How to Overcome Fear of Death at End of Life
- What in the World is Dexamethasone?
- Hospice Transitioning: From Hospital to Home
- Drug Abuse vs. the Need for Opioids in Pain Management